Friday, July 20, 2012

Taking pictures

Instead of posting about food today, I'll share a few thoughts...
When you're traveling with someone, and you're sightseeing, sometimes you want to take a picture with the other person, instead of having only pictures of you by yourself, and the other person by themselves...  Even if you're with a group, sometimes you want the whole group, and not just part of the group.  When I went on vacation a while back with Stacey, Patrick, and Jill, Patrick had an interesting theory.  He said we needed to look for someone who looked like they knew how to take pictures, and then we'd be set, every time we wanted to take a photo of the 4 of us.  That worked out well for us, we'd check out the crowd and pick out someone who had a nice camera, etc, and they would take a pretty good picture.  However... this theory does not work quite well here, because instead of looking for someone who knows how to take pictures, we have to look for someone who looks like they will not steal our camera... which means... for the most part, we get horrible pictures when we have to ask someone to take our picture.  I mean, seriously!??!  It's as if some people have never held a camera in their life...  Is it possible that you can include part of us in the picture, you know, half our bodies and the background, instead of taking a shot of our whole bodies, and ignoring the beautiful background??
  
One of several examples of "wonderful" shots...

As if that wasn't enough... yesterday, when I asked a lady if she could take our picture, and I offered to take a picture of her with her friend , she chose to ignore me completely, as if I were the criminal... I was about to speak to her in another language, cause I thought maybe she didn't understand me, when she finally asked her friend if she wanted a picture and then took our picture, somewhat cautiously. How weird... to each his own, I guess...

Okay, now that that's out of my system... I'll return to food posts soon. :0)

1 comment:

Gláucia Mir said...

i knew that's where this story was going...
You criminal you!! You are looking very shady today!! :)