Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sweet Moment

This past Sunday we had a picnic with our church. It was a pretty good time with everyone. We went to Tallman State Park. I brought Phoenix along with me, so he could enjoy it too, and Willik was already going somewhere else with my sister. Anyway, on the way back home, I was giving Débora's sister Mercia a ride home, and Phoenix was riding along too. Well, Phoenix was telling us some things, that were making us crack up, that his "papai" told him, but then all of a sudden, he starts saying, "Ms. Raquel, Titia" several times. Then out the blue, he says, "Titia, I love you." Oh, that was such a sweet moment. Me and Mercia looked at each other and were like, "Aw." And I told him, "I love you too, Phoenix." Then all of a sudden, he looks at me and says it again, "I love you, Titia." Anyway, I tell him again that I love him, and then I ask him, "Why do you love me, Phoenix?" And he says, "Because you rock, Titia-- you rock at school" or something like that. He was so cute. I think it was the first time he said "I love you" on his own to me, without me saying it first. Anyway, it was a real special moment, and he made me so happy! I'm so glad I get to be his teacher this year, even if only for part of the time. I think it will be a memorable year for us... Too bad I couldn't be Willik's teacher as well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phoenix... He is so cute!!!!!!!!!!! I love when he calls me Tia Debra.
Children are so inocent and sincere... There is nothing sweeter than when a child says "I love you!".
Fi, I think it is a wonderful reward!
Besos!!!

Gláucia Mir said...

yeah! He's been on an "i love you" kick lately. He tells us stuff like: " Mamae, I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!" about 5 times a day. And usually, hye says it with no prompting or real "reason".
You gotta love that sweet sincere love. It melts me all the time!

Anonymous said...

That's always a great moment to have, Raquel. You do rock! And I loved the story you told us about what was making you guys crack up! :)

Stacey said...

I can't get over how funny Phoenix is! He was cracking me up last night! I love how he conquered that ice cream bar so methodically.
Thanks for all the yummy food by the way...