Thursday, September 6, 2007

Summer 07

Well, here I am blogging again... it's been so long!! My sister and Fabio keep bothering me to blog again... Of course I guess it's pretty sad that my nephew Willik started a blog and has blogged on it more times than I have recently!! Anyway, yeah, believe it or not, Willik has a blog... if you're interested, just ask me and I'll give you the link. I can't believe the summer is almost over. My mom is worried because I keep complaining about having to go back to work. I think she just forgets that I do this every year... I hate having to wake up early!! That's what happens when your mom's your boss!!! hahaha... I have to try to remember that for future reference! Anyway, this summer has been interesting. We went to Brasil early on, so that actually feels like it was forever ago... Ironically enough, when we were there, it felt like it'd be forever til we got back... Well, Brasil is always Brasil--great food, great time with family, great people. But besides all that, it was also all about the dentist!! I got 2 of my wisdom teeth taken out. How exciting... and I spent a great deal of time in the waiting room "killing time" while I waited for my mom to get stuff done on her teeth. Can I just say thank God I had purchased the IPOD video right before going!!?? Let's see, what else? Hmmm, while there, God showed me some very interesting verses in Hebrews, which I repeated over and over again until I memorized it. Here they are: "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36 That was intesting! I'm glad God brought those verses to my attention! Great things to look forward to!! Besides Brasil, I've just been having fun in NYC, doing some stuff around town, going out, staying home, waking up late, watching TV... all that good stuff that I love! I actually only went in one afternoon to Rainbow, which is unusual for me! Great!!! But I guess I gotta say the best part of my summer this year was that I gained a new friend. Funny thing, I know. But true. God is amazing, and He worked it out just perfectly! I love God's little surprises! He has so much stored up for us, things we can't even imagine! If you're thinking I'm crazy (who knows if anyone even reads these blogs, but whatever...) then you just don't understad the value of a great friend! Cause for me, becoming friends with Débora has been one of the best parts of my summer. She's become one of my best friends, and I know I've gained a true friend for life. How could you top that?? So I guess I'll have many memories of summer 07, and thanks to God, a lot of them will just be time spent with a great friend! Without her, I know I wouldn't have had as much fun as I've had since June!!

No comments: